by Bianca Sanchez
Bianca from Aomori-shi here taking over for the fantastic Mr. Mark Wilson. Until now Mark has provided everyone with some really classic and delicious Japanese recipes. While I haven’t been cooking much these days, I will try my best to introduce everyone to some easy and healthy recipes. If I specialize in making anything, it’s breakfast foods and soups. Please look forward to them!
Without further ado, here is this issue’s 超簡単 (chou kantan super easy) breakfast recipe (pictures included, although not really necessary — but, you know, pictures are always fun to see).
Ingredients (makes one lovely avocado toast)
- 1 slice of white bread (if you can find it, wheat bread is also okay)
- ½ avocado
- Mustard — to your liking
- 1-2 ham slices — mine were tiny so I used two, but use as many as you want!
- 1 slice of とけるチース cheese specifically for melting
- Pepper — as needed
Directions (with pictures!)
- Prepare bread and spread mustard to liking
- Place cheese and ham on the bread (Guys, this is sooo easy! Am I right?)
- Cut avocado in half widthwise or lengthwise. Remove seed.
- Slice one half of the avocado into cubes within the shell and place on bread.
- Sprinkle in some black pepper to taste.
- Toast for a few minutes.
Note: I got this recipe from Cookpad, which is a free online Japanese recipe catalougue. The avocado toastie itself was pretty delicious, but is even better if you place the cheese over the avocado cubes as I found out the second time I made it.
Otsukaresama! Now enjoy your delicious and protein-packed breakfast!
Until next time!
Do you have any delicious dishes or local eateries you want to share? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com!