Today’s recipe comes from one of my favourite recipe sites, ironically called norecipes.com. It’s under the ‘easy’ section and it certainly is. I was a bit apprehensive, having never cooked scallops before, but I guess this one is hard to screw up. Enjoy!
- 160g dry spaghetti
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 large scallops
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions or chives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the pasta for one minute less than what the packet directions say.
- When the spaghetti is about 3 minutes away from being done, heat a frypan over medium high heat until hot and then add the butter. Let enough butter melt to coat the pan and then add the scallops.
- Fry scallops undisturbed until they turn opaque 1/3 of the way up the sides.
- Flip them over and let them fry until the butter is dark brown, but not burnt.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the soy sauce. Put the pan back on the heat and let the soy sauce reduce, flipping the scallops over once to coat them evenly.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate then add the pasta to the pan. Toss with tongs until the pasta is uniform in colour.
- Plate the pasta and top with the scallops, garnishing with a sprinkle of chives.
Have any recipes or eateries to share? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com!