By Mark Wilson
Hey guys! It’s been awhile between recipes so you must be getting pretty Nihongry, but here’s something I found in a little book called 100 Yen Don-Bon. It has a bunch of recipes that are all donburi (a bowl of rice with food on top), all 100 yen or under, and all doable in 3 steps! This one’s a little bit Korean, a little bit Japanese, and a lot delicious.
- 80g pork
- ¼ onion
- 1/10 carrot
- 1/10 yellow capsicum
- 1 garlic chive (ニラ)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Sauce (combine these in a small bowl)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon gochujang (Korean chili paste – the label will say コチュジャン)
- 1 slice of garlic (or ½ teaspoon grated garlic)
- A pinch of cornflour
- Slice the pork and vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the pork, vegetables and sauce into a sandwich bag, seal and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frypan, then add the pork mixture and fry until the pork is cooked all the way through (5 minutes or so). Serve over rice and enjoy!